The major emphasis of the WPA Women’s programme serves to Identify, Develop and Retain Female Athletes between the ages 16 – 20years.
- Identify Potential candidates (List of +-10 girls)
- Gain the support and buy in of the coach, parents, and athlete.
- Offer support to athletes (scientific, strength and conditioning, coaching, transport, training camp, etc.) ALL Budget Dependent.
- Regular athlete-coach workshops.
- Athlete Mentorships.
- Increased number of female athletes remaining in the sport
- Improved performance of female Athletes.
- Increased number of female athletes in WPA teams.
- Harness a sense of togetherness amongst the female athletes.
The proposed schedule will be 9 months during the Track & Field and Cross-country season, with the goal of qualifying for the teams.
For more information do not hesitate in contacting the WPA Office on:
021 418 3232/Development@wpathletics.co.za