Track & Field
GENERAL RULES FOR WPA TRACK & FIELD 2019
- Only athletes competing in their respective club colours will count for any team competition.
- Athletes entering for an event and failing to report, without prior warning or a medical certificate will be liable to a fine of R50. In addition, depending on the competition, points may be deducted from their club.
- Unless otherwise stated, where a program for a meeting provides for heats and finals, if there are no heats the final will take place at the time and date set aside for the final.
- Athletes must report to the competition area 15 min before the advertised starting time of their event and remain in the vicinity unless advised otherwise by the officials. Where there are several heats, athletes must report 15 min before the FIRST heat, otherwise they will be regarded as a no-show and will not be allowed to compete.
- In any middle distance event (i.e. 1500m and longer), any athlete who uses an event as a time trial (i.e. enters for an event longer than the distance which she or he intends to complete in), without informing the starter and the other athletes prior to the start of that event shall be liable to a fine of up to R100 and possible suspension from other middle distance events for no longer than three WPA track & field meetings. In the event of such behavior during an interclub meeting, any points earned by that athlete during that meeting will be forfeited and that athlete may be barred from taking part further in the meeting.
- WPA is NOT responsible for providing safety pins.
- Athletes born in 2005 and earlier are allowed to enter for WPA Track and Field Meetings.
STANDARDS FOR SELECTION FOR WPA TRACK & FIELD TEAMS TO THE aSa CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Athletes who wish to be selected for the teams must compete actively at WPA meetings during the 2019 domestic season, as all performances at meetings from 1 January 2019 will be taken into account by the Selectors.
- It is compulsory for all athletes wishing to be selected for the:
- u.18 and u.20 teams to compete at the WPA u.18 and u.20 Track and Field Championships to be held on 14, 15 and 16 March 2019
- Senior team to compete at the WPA Senior Track and Field Championships on 29 and 30 March 2019.
At the WPA Championships, athletes must compete in the event(s) for which they want to be selected.
- Should an athlete be unable to compete at the WPA Championships, but wishes to be considered for selection:
- The athlete must inform the WPA Selectors in writing before the start of the Championships or before the teams are announced.
- The athlete must provide a reason for non-participation
- If the reason is of a medical nature, the athlete must provide the WPA Selectors with a copy of the medical documentation.
- The documentation provided by the athlete must include full contact details of the athlete and Coach.
- Only athletes who are members of WPA clubs and who possess a 2019 license can enter for Championships and may be selected for WPA teams.
- In terms of ASA rules only South African citizens may compete at the national championships and therefore be selected for WPA teams for those championships.
- Athletes born in 2002 or 2003 will be eligible to be selected for the under 18 age group.
- Athletes born in 2000 or 2001 will be eligible to be selected for the under 20 age group.
- The teams will be announced after the end of the relevant championships and athletes who believe they have a chance of selection are to be present when the teams are announced.
- Athletes competing at meetings outside WPA must provide certified official results of their performances to the Chairperson of WPA Track and Field before the start of the WPA Provincial Championships.
- Standards have been set based on national standards, which should serve as a guideline to athletes and coaches. It must be stressed that the published standards are minimum standards and that the attainment of these standards will not mean automatic selection. Subject to point number 12 (below) It is unlikely, although not impossible, that an athlete who has not achieved these standards may be chosen to represent Western Province.
- Any athlete who achieves the selection standard AND wins the Western Province title in that event shall automatically be selected for that event.
- A maximum of 3 athletes per event will be selected, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
2019 / 2020 Track & Field Fixtures
2020 WPA Selection Standards - Proposed
2019 WPA Selection Standards
2018 Timeline for entries at ASA Championships
2019 WPA Track & Field Records
Event Programmes and Entry Forms
Little Athletics & Open Event (Green Point) - 12 October 2019
WPA Little Athletics & Open event (Parow Athletic Track) - 2 November 2019
WPA Little Athletics & Open event (Parow Athletic Track) - 8 November 2019
WPA Little Athletics & Open event (Parow Athletic Track) - 15 November 2019
Half League 1A (Green Point) - 9 November 2019
Multi Events (Day 2) + Half League 1B - 30 November 2019
Middle Distance Meeting (Parow) - 7 December 2019
TAK Prestige Meeting - 14 December 2019
TAK Prestige Meeting Entry Form - 14 Debember 2019
2019 WPA Half League 1A - 9 November
2019 ASA Senior Championships - Gauteng - 25/26/27 April
2019 WPA Open Meeting - Green Point - 5/6 April
2019 WPA Senior and Combined Events Champioships - Parow/Green Point - 22/23 March
2019 WPA Junior Champs - 14/15/16 March
2019 WPA League 4 - 2 March
2019 WPA Multi Events & Open Meeting - Green Point - 15/16 February
2019 WPA Middle Distance Meeting - 23 February
2019 WPA League 3 - 9 February
2019 WPA u.16/18/20 Meeting - 2 February
2019 WPA League Meeting - 26 January
2018 Middle Distance Meeting - 8 December 2018
2018 WPA Open Meeting - 1 December 2018
2018 WPA Open & Multi Events - (23-24 November 2018)
2018 Oakland Fast Prestige Meeting - 10 November 2018
2018 WPA Open Meeting Green Point - 26 October 2018
2018 WPA League 4 - Parow - 24 March
2018 WP Junior Champs - Parow (5 - 7 March)
2018 WP Senior & Combined Event Champs - Parow (2-3 March)
2018 WPA League 3 - Parow - 24 Feb
2018 WPA League 2 - Green Point - 10 Feb
2018 WPA Junior Meeting - Parow - 3 Feb
2018 WPA Open & Combined Events - Green Point - 26/27 Jan
2018 WPA League1B - Green Point - 20 Jan
2018 WPA League 1A - Parow - 13 Jan
2017 WPA Summer Series Greenpoint -15 December
2017 Tygerberg Summer Special - 9 December
2017 Middle Distance Meeting 2 December
WPA League 1 2017
WPA League 2 2017
WPA League 3 2017
2017 Top 10 Results
2017 WPA Junior Championship Results
2017 Senior and Combined events Championship Results
2017 WPA Open Meeting
14 October 2017 WPA Open Meeting - Vygieskraal
21 October 2017 WPA Open Meeting - Parow
04 November 2017 WPA Open Meeting - Green Point
WP Open and Combined Events - Green Point 17/18 Nov 2017
Track and Field Stats
2019 Track and Field Stats – Women Track
2019 Track and Field Stats – Women Field
2019 Track and Field Stats – Men Track
2019 Track and Field Stats – Men Field
2019 - 2021 Commission Members
||Mr Sharief Jeffries
||Ms Adri Jordaan
||Mr Cedric van Wyk
||Mr Waleed Donoug
||Mr Mervin Daniels