Track & Field
GENERAL RULES FOR WPA TRACK & FIELD 2018
- Only athletes competing in their respective club colours will count for any team competition.
- Athletes entering for an event and failing to report, without prior warning or a medical certificate will be liable to a fine of R50. In addition, depending on the competition, points may be deducted from their club.
- Unless otherwise stated, where a programme for a meeting provides for heats and finals, if there are no heats the final will take place at the time and date set aside for the final.
- Athletes must report to the competition area 15 min before the advertised starting time of their event and remain in the vicinity unless advised otherwise by the officials. Where there are several heats, athletes must report 15 min before the FIRST heat, otherwise they will be regarded as a no-show and will not be allowed to compete.
- In any middle distance event (i.e. 1500m and longer), any athlete who uses an event as a time trial (ie enters for an event longer than the distance which she or he intends to complete), without informing the starter and the other athletes prior to the start of that event shall be liable to a fine of up to R100 and possible suspension from other middle distance events for no longer than three WPA track & field meetings. In the event of such behavior during an interclub meeting, any points earned by that athlete during that meeting will be forfeited and that athlete may be barred from taking part further in the meeting.
- WPA is NOT responsible for providing safety pins.
STANDARDS FOR SELECTION FOR WPA TRACK & FIELD TEAMS TO THE SOUTH AFRICAN CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Athletes, who wish to be selected for the teams, must compete actively at WPA meetings during the 2018 domestic season, as all performances at these meetings will be taken into account by the selectors.
- It is compulsory for all athletes wishing to be selected for the, (u18) and (u20) teams, to compete at the WPA, Youth and Junior Track and Field Championships to be held on 16th and 17th March 2018 and for the Senior team to compete at the WPA Senior Track and Field Championships on 12th and 13th April 2018. At the Championships, athletes must compete in the event(s) for which they want to be selected.
- Should an athlete be unable to compete at the WP Championships, but wishes to be considered for selection, she or he must inform the selectors immediately, in writing, giving reasons, (and where necessary enclose copies of medical documentation), along with full contact details, and coach contact details prior to the Championships.
- Only athletes who are members of WPA clubs and who possess a 2018 license may be selected for WPA teams.
- In terms of ASA rules only South African citizens may compete at the national championships and therefore be selected for WPA teams for those championships.
- Athletes born in 2001 or 2002 will be eligible to be selected for the under 18 age group
- Athletes born in 1999 or 2000 will be eligible to be selected for the under 20 age group .
- The teams will be announced after the end of the relevant championships and athletes who believe they have a chance of selection are to be present when the teams are announced.
- Only performances set after 1 January 2018 will be taken into account in selecting teams.
- Standards have been set based on national and provincial standards, which should serve as a guideline to athletes. It must be stressed that, subject to 13 below are minimum standards and that the attainment of these standards will not mean automatic selection. It is unlikely, although not impossible, that an athlete who has not achieved these standards may be chosen to represent Western Province.
- Any athlete who achieves the selection standard AND wins the Western Province title in that event shall automatically be selected for that event.
- A maximum of 3 athletes per event will be selected, unless there are exceptional circumstances
2017 Open Meeting Oct 14 NS Event
Timetable for WPA Open Oct 2017
Timetable for WPA Open Nov 2017
2017 Summer Series Parow Provisional Timetable
2017 Timetable WPA combined Events
TAK Timetable Primary Schools
WPA Little Athletics 14 October 2017- Revised Programme
2017 Masters Throws & Snr Middle Distance Events
WPA League 1 2017
WPA League 2 2017
WPA League 3 2017
2017 Top 10 Results
2017 WPA Junior Championship Results
2017 Senior and Combined events Championship Results
2017 WPA Open Meeting
14 October 2017 WPA Open Meeting - Vygieskraal
21 October 2017 WPA Open Meeting - Parow
04 November 2017 WPA Open Meeting - Green Point
2017/2018 Track & Field Fixtures
2018 WPA Selection Standards Final
TAK Primary Schools Entry form
2017 Tygerberg NLC Primary Schools
2017 Tygerberg NLC Summer Special Entry Form
WPA Track & Field Records
2016 - 2017 Commission Members
||Ms Mariana Meyer
||Mr Stephen Daniels
||Mr Mandy Skinner
||Ms Adri Jordaan
||Mr Jacob Mfini
||Mr Wesley Neumann
||Mr Cedric Van Wyk
||Mr Alex Williams