Nantes AC played host to the Cross Country Runners for League 3 at the ever popular Nantes Park in Bridgetown on the 30 June 2019. The chilly and windy conditions did not dampen some of the fierce battles that took place in this normally peaceful setting.
In the open 10km event men’s category, Vuyolwethu Mbukushe of AAC broke away,winning it in 32:43. Andre Afrika (Eerste River) came second in 32:51, with Bruce-Lynn Damons (UWC) claiming 3rd. Boxer athlete, Vuyiseka Nkumenge won the women’s race in 40:04 and she was followed by Nolubabalo Dyonase (K-Way VOB) and Candyce Hall (Carbineers).
While the dominant K-Way VOB men's team were beaten by AAC and Helderberg this week, they manage to maintain their overall lead in the team standings. The Carbineers ladies team again fought off a determined Edgemead chase. The team contest really is heating up and promises to be close towards the business end of the season, so all clubs be sure to get your teams of 4 to participate!
The #WPACC2019 season continues with League 4 at Broadlands Farm on the 14 July 2019, just off the N2 in Somerset West (the venue for the Somerset West Parkrun), where Lwandle AC will be the hosts. Prize money will be awarded for COMBINED points performance in these last 3 leagues in the U20, senior and masters age categories (see schedule attached) so speedsters be sure not to miss out.
Download the full results here
Participants are encouraged to follow the WPA Cross Country - WPACC Facebook pages closely for all the latest event details, information and pics.
1. You are responsible for completing your own race card (or your athlete's) NEATLY, CORRECTLY AND FULLY - if your details are incorrect, it is often because our data capturers struggle to make out handwriting, but also please remember they are only human. If you have purchased a TEMP licences, please fill in T.... under licence number. If you have a permanent licence and are wearing both of them, please fill it in or we will not include you in team calculations.
2. PLEASE CHECK YOU ARE ENTERING THE CORRECT RACE AND HAVE THE CORRECT RACE ENTRY CARD! Juniors run according to year of birth (as listed on the flyer for League 4 attached), while masters run in 10 year categories according to their age on the day.
3. YOU ARE ULTIMATELY RESPONSIBLE FOR COUNTING YOUR OWN LAPS. While our technical officials do their best to ensure you stay on the correct route and nobody runs short, you need to make sure you take the turnoff to the finish after the correct number of 2km laps.
4. AGE TAGS: Athletes competing in the master races must wear age tags for their 5 year age category visibly on front and back of vest. Juniors should run with J tags, particularly in the U18 and U20 races.
RE-USABLE AGE TAGS ARE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AT REGISTRATION FOR R5 PER SET.
5. TEMPORARY LICENCES: Athletes born 2006 and earlier must purchase either a junior or senior temporary licence.
Should you have any queries or corrections (or missing information to contribute), please email firstname.lastname@example.org